Posted by Allan in on October 11, 2008 1:14 am
What is a Lagumbay?
Short answer: It’s my last name.
I believe the name itself is derived from “Laguna Bay.”
Lagumbay is a family name with a commonly butchered pronunciation. Interesting variations include:
- la-GUMBY — After a while, it’s not much of a stretch.
- la-GUM-bay — Chew on that pronunciation for a while.
- la-GOOM-bye — Goombas and Koopas and Bowser, oh my!
- le-joom-BAY — Nobody really uses this one, but I wish they did.
- la-goom-BYE — The proper pronunciation. Filipino accent optional.
Why Have A Site, You Egomaniac?
Self-expression through a collection of poetry and prose on love, rage, and fear. Influenced by the seemingly insignificant events of daily life in the Information Age and an upbringing in a traditional Filipino culture, the writing ranges from abstract to analytical, sometimes whimsical, sometimes cynical.
For myself, I keep this introspective collection of written works in the hope that it will help me reminisce, remember, and ultimately understand who I am as I change throughout the years. For others who browse these pages, it is my hope that you find pieces of yourself in my writing and find the comfort that I sought long ago and far away in knowing you are not alone in your emotions.